Second Meeting: Conducted Yesterday, June 19, at GSA
Presentation: The Standards Roadmap, by Mary Brady, NIST
Logistics Status Report:
1. Identify XML Best Practices and Recommended Standards - Scott Hoffman, extensibility.com, is investigating.
2. Develop Partnerships with Key Industry and Public Groups - Marion Royal, GSA, will lead.
3. Develop Partnerships with Federal Communities of Interest - Chris Moyer, KPMG Consulting, is pursuing financial reporting partners, including the Financial Management Service and GAO.
4. Conduct Results-Oriented Education and Outreach - Owen Ambur, FWS, will lead with emphasis on xml.gov. Mike Douglass, Sequoia Software, offered to assist. http://www.sequoiasoftware.com/
Next Step: Notice for distribution to CIOs asking them to -
a) designate representatives to subscribe to the listserv, andNext Meeting: August 16, 9:30 a.m., place & agenda to be determined, with Marion Royal chairing
b) identify XML projects and activities in which they are engaged.
1. To join the listserv, send a message to this address with "subscribe xmlwg" in the body of the message.
2. Mark Crawford, Logistics Management Institute (LMI) has drafted some suggested next steps on each of the four chartered activities.